Accounting and Office Coordinator
Who We Are:
We believe in fostering lasting relationships and creating innovative solutions so our customers can focus on feeding families. Gemini delivers solutions through automated equipment and integrated systems to the Commercial and Industrial Baking industry as well as Ingredient Handling systems to the food industry. Our teams are passionate about delivering world class products and service to our customers through design, manufacturing, and technical support.
What Is the Role:
Under the general direction of the HR Business Partner, the Accounting & Office Coordinator position will be directly responsible for the processing of Accounts Payable as well as a variety of general Office Administration duties, including receptionist, HR, and safety administration responsibilities.
Who You Are:
Accounts Payable/General Accounting
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment; voucher and file invoices.
- Prepare weekly check run and related approval summary, process, and mail checks.
- Reconcile monthly AMEX account and comprise monthly AP Accrual report.
- Administer, reconcile, and replenish Petty Cash Fund.
- Fulfill requests for W-9, Tax Exemption Certificates and COI documents.
- Maintain COI, W-9 and 1099 records from vendors.
- Gather necessary documentation for annual audit.
- Process credit card purchases through PO process.
- Provide support on Accounts Receivable invoicing as needed.
- Compile various reports to management as required.
- Receptionist duties include: answering phones as required, directing calls, forwarding messages appropriately and maintaining visitor’s log.
- Collect and distribute mail including coding AR checks for deposit and cash application.
- Order office supplies from key vendors, ensuring appropriate stock levels and services are maintained.
- Maintain Pitney Bowes postage meter refills and updates.
- Update bulletin boards throughout facility.
- Assists with customer and employee luncheons and other employee relations events.
- Renew vehicle registration for fleet vehicles and maintenance of related EZ-Pass tags.
- Assist HR team and Safety Committee and support other office duties as required.
What You Bring:
- 3-5 years’ relevant office experience including 2 years within an accounting role (e.g. payables).
- Possess high level of integrity, recognizing need for confidentiality.
- Self-starter who can exercise independent judgement and is comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Well-developed business and interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to set goals, and schedule and prioritize multiple requirements.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word). Specifically, demonstrated experience creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
- High level of employee cooperation, morale, and team spirit.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently, and with a team and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
What Else Would Be Helpful:
- Experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of Accounting ERP systems (middle market ERP system experience preferred)
What’s In It for You:
- 401k Matching Program
- Tuition assistance
- Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
- Company paid short term disability and life insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for Employee and Spouse and voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Paid Time Off program, plus eight (8) company paid holidays and one (1) personal day
- Gemini Cares Program (matches donations for employee nominated charities each quarter)