Job Title: Assembly Mechanic
The Assembly Mechanic is responsible for interpreting drawings and BOMs to assemble industrial baking equipment. This position will combine fabricated and purchased parts into completed assemblies using a variety of tools and equipment.
This position reports to: Shop Supervisor
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
· Using prints and BOMs to organize assembly parts and determine course of action to build unit.
· Assemble using appropriate hand / power tools paying attention to both quality and speed.
· Work both independently and in teams to accomplish the goals of the company.
· Must be flexible, able to change priorities quickly and help in other areas of the shop.
· Must be safety conscious and follow all company policies.
· Confer with Assembly Lead, Shop Supervisor, and Engineering to resolve any issues that come up during the build.
· Keep work area clean, free from clutter, and organized.
· Assembly of the equipment may include electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic work.
· Assembly of the unit may require welding.
· Assist in improving the quality and efficiency of both product and process.
· May be occasionally required to travel and work at alternate / customer sites.
· When assembly is complete, will verify quality and function meet both company and customers’ requirements.
· Minimum of 3 years of machine building experience, preferable in the “made to order” arena.
· Ability to interpret and read blueprints and engineering drawings.
· Strong mechanical aptitude, with good trouble shooting skills.
· Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
· Valid driver’s license
· Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Needs a strong appreciation of the importance of completing tasks on time.
· Excellent attention to detail and teamwork
· Must comply with all company safety and personnel policies.
Company offers a competitive benefits package including the following:
· Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
· Company paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance (Long Term Disability and additional Life Insurance and other benefits offered at low group rates)
· Paid holidays
· PTO (Paid Time Off) accruing each pay period.
· 401k investment plan with employer matching 50% of employee contribution up to 6%. Employer match after one year of service.