- Assembly Supervisor
- Plan, observe, perform, and test all operations necessary to assemble, modify, troubleshoot, repair, rebuild, & dismantle various types of food manufacturing equipment with an emphasis on the integration of mechanical and electrical control systems by use of devices such as servo drives/motors, AC & DC motors, HMIs, PLCs, and sensors.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of all team members within the KB assembly department
- Observe and monitor work performed within the department to ensure minimum quality standards are met
- Maintain a fluid schedule of open work items with target start and end dates that compliments the objectives of the master schedule
- Serve as a technical liaison between assembly and engineering support groups
- Maintain detailed records of engineered drawings and relay any redlines to the appropriate engineering department
- Audit completed projects for Factory Acceptance Testing readiness
- Document relevant detail, recommended improvement, and participate in the employee review process
- Assist to assure proper training of all assembly employees, including proper training in safe operation of machines and equipment
- Assist to assure compliance and enforce all applicable rules and regulations.
- Collaborate with adjacent departments, as necessary.
- Use problem solving techniques to bring resolution to problems and prevent repeat quality or mechanical issues.
- Assure the maintenance and layout of the assembly floor are in adequate order for upcoming project demands
- Review assembly departments daily time sheets against open work orders to ensure accurate transmittal of labor records
- Represent the department at production/staffing meetings
- Performs other duties as required or directed
Under general supervision of the Production Operations Manager, this position is also responsible for taking part in the following duties:
- Monitor, assess, and address departmental staffing needs
- Communicating scheduling conflicts and participate in finding resolution
- Comply with environmental health and safety system
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Electrical- must have working experience with motor control systems, common electrical circuitry, wiring, PLC’s, and HMI’s
- Mechanical- must have working experience with bearings, transmission, and structural assembly
- Pneumatic- must have working experience using air cylinders, flow control valves, and routing air lines
- General knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, and layout and machine tolerances.
- Troubleshooting abilities necessary
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in a manufacturing or machine maintenance environment
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in machine building
- Ability to interpret and read mechanical and electrical engineering drawings
- Ability to lift 50 plus pounds frequently, occasionally 75lbs
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Needs a strong appreciation of the importance of completing tasks on time
- Possess problem solving skills and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Must be organized and dependable
- Must comply with all company safety and personnel policies
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
Company offers a competitive benefits package including the following
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance (Long Term Disability and additional Life Insurance and other benefits offered at low group rates)
- Paid holidays
- PTO (Paid Time Off) accruing each pay period
- 401k investment plan with employer matching 50% of employee contribution up to 6%. Employer match after one year of service