Individual must be able to perform design, engineering, factory acceptance and field start up responsibilities for electrical control systems supporting large scale production equipment utilized in the Automated Bakery Industry. In addition, proven trouble shooting skills are necessary.
- Develop electrical design, schematics, and drawings in AutoCAD
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements (e.g. SolidWorks)
- Research supplier products for assembly components
- Help establish new and maintain existing standards
- Develop and maintain structured, accurate electrical bills of materials
- Power up electrical systems and configure hardware per application specifications
- Working knowledge of Codes and Standards (NEC, IEC, UL 508A, Category 3 Safety)
- Knowledge of power distribution (120V, 480V and 24V DC Control Systems)
- Check quality of assemblers and technicians work and respond to inquiries during assembly
- Work with Sales and Project Managers to provide input for quote preparation as required
- Review standards and compliance requirements applicable to the electrical control systems, provide recommendations as required
- Provide guidance and equipment wiring plan to manufacturing
- Design and develop software applications based on given requirements and specifications
- Understand client requirements for GUI/communication interface, networking and create specifications based on these requirements
- When required, review, re-work or redesign legacy code
- Troubleshoot issues with existing company installed systems
- Technical writing including Software Management Plan, Test Plan, User/Operating Manual with Troubleshooting Guide, Spare Parts List
- Requirement Reviews – Participate in reviews and work with project management to ensure proper implementation of features
- Review specifications and standard practices – inclusive of the internal hardwired and logic standards, general specifications and scope of work.
- Comply with the company safety procedures. Live the company culture of integrity and professional competence
- Ensure compliance to industry and regional health and safety standards
- Provide timely and detailed status updates
- Quality – Ensure standards are maintained in a highly regulated, process driven environment
- May be occasionally required to travel and work at customer sites (0-20%)
- Involved in the recruitment of new staff
- Help Train/Orient current or new employees
- Familiarity working within an MRP environment
- Maintain an ongoing commitment and involvement in the quality improvement process
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience/Education Qualifications:
- BSEE/BSEET preferred, will consider ASEET or other technical degree depending on experience
- 2+ years of experience in the automation industry desirable
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical Design/Drafting Tools. SolidWorks desirable but not required
- Programming Logic Controllers (PLC) (Allen-Bradley, preferred)
- Configuring and designing HMI/OIT systems (Allen Bradley preferred)
- Familiar with various Motion Controllers/Actuators/Sensors/VFD
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting control system issues
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and general computer literacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others and have a positive attitude
- Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy
- Must have ability to prioritize and demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Sharp, quick, dedicated, and innovative problem solver
- Core values and continuous self-improvement
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to think designs through completely
- Company offers a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance (Long Term Disability and additional Life Insurance and other benefits offered at low group rates)
- Paid holidays
- PTO (Paid Time Off) accruing each pay period
- 401k investment plan with employer matching 50% of employee contribution up to 6%. Employer match after one year of service
- High School Diploma
- Trade School diploma
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the assembly and troubleshooting of electro/mechanical industrial equipment.
- Exposure to equipment field installations.
- Above average skills with hand tools, power tools, calipers, etc. to assemble, repair and modify equipment according to specifications and instructions.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics. Working knowledge of PLC controls is preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand internal process documents
- Working knowledge of operating procedures and understands why they are needed
- Working knowledge of close mechanical tolerances (less than .001”) and electromechanical devices
- Working knowledge of electrical instrumentation and controls
- Ability to lift and or move 50 pounds and occasionally move 100+ pound items, climb ladders and work at above-average work heights, work in hot and cold workplaces, and confined work areas.
- Self-motivated, efficient time management, attention to detail
- Must be able to submit written job reports, expenses, pictures and videos for job-related items using Microsoft office products.
- Willingness to travel. Travel is approximately 80%. This can be local or long distance. Must be willing to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Must have a vehicle, valid driver’s license, ability to obtain a passport and ability to operate a forklift and/or scissor lift (Gemini provides training if needed).