Reporting Relationship: Customer Service Manager
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
The Field Service Technician is responsible for assembling, commissioning, training and troubleshooting customized PLC operated bakery equipment. Performs a wide variety of electronic and mechanical assembly operations. This position is full time with travel required for service calls locally and across North America.
- Effectively assemble, modify and repair close tolerance electro/mechanical
- Install, commission, test and operate PLC operated equipment on customer
- Determine requirements and install modifications as set forth by the customer.
- Communicate problems and observations at a customer site to office management.
- Use hand tools, power tools, calipers, etc. to assemble equipment and assemblies according to drawings, instructions, and specifications.
- Work collaboratively with other technicians, supervisors and engineers in the office and on customer site.
- Lead teams of millwrights and customer personnel during installations and commissioning projects.
- Train customer’s personnel on operations, sanitation and maintenance of equipment.
- Willingness to accept telephone or electronic communication (when necessary) after hours in order to assist customers with emergency machine issues.
- High School Diploma
- Trade School diploma
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the assembly and troubleshooting of electro/mechanical industrial equipment.
- Exposure to equipment field installations.
- Above average skills with hand tools, power tools, calipers, etc. to assemble, repair and modify equipment according to specifications and instructions.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics. Working knowledge of PLC controls is preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand internal process documents
- Working knowledge of operating procedures and understands why they are needed
- Working knowledge of close mechanical tolerances (less than .001”) and electromechanical devices
- Working knowledge of electrical instrumentation and controls
- Ability to lift and or move 50 pounds and occasionally move 100+ pound items, climb ladders and work at above-average work heights, work in hot and cold workplaces, and confined work areas.
- Self-motivated, efficient time management, attention to detail
- Must be able to submit written job reports, expenses, pictures and videos for job-related items using Microsoft office products.
- Willingness to travel. Travel is approximately 80%. This can be local or long distance. Must be willing to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Must have a vehicle, valid driver’s license, ability to obtain a passport and ability to operate a forklift and/or scissor lift (Gemini provides training if needed).