Job Title: Industrial Millwright-Installer/Mechanic
Position Description: The individual(s) will be responsible for installing, upgrading, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing
automated bakery equipment with a focus on bulk flour and sugar handling systems in plant locations
- Travel to customer sites and/or perform assigned work at KB plant in Bangor PA.
- Read & interpret blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work required.
- Load, Unload, assemble and Install equipment using hoists, cranes, forklifts and other rigging
- Operate scissor lifts, forklifts, man lifts, or other equipment to accommodate various work
environments and tasks.
- Assemble mechanical and electromechanical parts, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies, by
following written or verbal instruction at customer site or KB plant.
- Disassemble, upgrade, and/or remove existing or old equipment.
- Trouble shoot, set-up, adjust, maintain and repair industrial bakery equipment.
- Depending on level of experience and training, supervise installation/work crew of 2-6
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Travel is required. Average travel is typically about 40-50% with durations of 2 days to 2
- Rigging & lift experience is required (certification a plus)
- Must have own basic mechanic’s hand tools such as wrenches, sockets, screw drivers, pliers,
etc. in a portable tool box for in-house or on-site work.
- Heavy lifting is necessary up to 75lbs.
- Occasional outdoor work in hot/cold working conditions
- Ability to work with heights and knowledge of safety requirements.
- 5 years experience as field Millwright/Mechanic
- Must have a high level of employee cooperation, morale, and team spirit
- Must comply with all company safety and personnel policies
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of
instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Communication skills for the ability to interact with customers and coworkers effectively.
Additional Useful Skills:
- Project planning & organizing.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication & welding.
- Motor control systems and trouble shooting.
- Pneumatic system piping and supports.
- Crane rigging and signaling.
- Training, such as forklift, confined space, safety harness, etc.
1. How many years experience do you have working as a millwright with some or all of the skills
listed for this job?
2. What would you say are your strongest skills related to the requirements of this job?
3. What industries have you worked as a millwright?
4. How many years experience do you have in industrial machine building and/or assembling?
5. Do you have experience troubleshooting Motor Control Systems?
6. Do you have supervisory experience?
7. What is the most applicable employment experience you’ve had that relates to the
requirements of this job?
8. Is travel within the US and Canada an issue?