Job Title: Logistics Associate
KB Systems, an industrial grade equipment manufacturer, is currently seeking a Logistics
Associate to join our team in Bangor, Pa. Under the general direction of the Logistics
Supervisor, this position will be directly involved with day to day activities within the KB
shipping, receiving, warehouse, and inventory functions. The ideal candidate will be very
attentive to detail, reliable, and ambitious.
Position Description & Duties:
- Prepare jobs for shipment: Includes, but not limited to, pulling parts from Shop & Sales Orders,
organizing, palletizing, and loading equipment.
- Data entry: Individual will be responsible for transacting all parts pulled from Shop Orders
- Must be able to build large & custom crates/pallets (up to 24’ long). Must show
competency/comfortability using power tools (Miter Saw/Nail Gun/Drill/Impact/Circular Saw).
Must have a moderate level of competency in reading prints/schematics.
- Prepare Bills of Lading for LTL shipments. Checks items to be shipped against sales orders to
verify that quantities, destination, and shipment requirements are met.
- Enter parcel shipments through UPS Worldship software.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and inspects for damages. Compares information on
packing slip against purchase orders to verify accuracy of receipts.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped &
- Operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives. Strives for continuous
quality improvement and upholds safety standards.
- Participates in the physical inventory process. Maintains all warehouses and organizes stock
on shelves. Ensure that inventory transactions occur with every movement of parts.
- Ability and willingness to continually take part in the activities of all team members within the
- Performs all other duties as required or directed
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in a warehouse, shipping/receiving, or
- Ability and willingness to lift 50 plus pounds frequently, occasionally 75lbs
- Familiarity with wooden pallet/crate construction
- UPS Worldship Software & FEDEX online experience
- Familiarity with LTL shipping procedures
- Forklift experience
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands, and is able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Needs a strong appreciation of the importance of completing tasks on time
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Possess problem solving skills and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Must be organized and dependable
- Must comply with all company safety and personnel policies
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Gemini/KB Systems offers a competitive benefits package including the following:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance (Long Term Disability and
additional Life Insurance and other benefits offered at low group rates)
- Paid holidays
- PTO (Paid Time Off) accruing each pay period
- 401k investment plan with employer matching 50% of employee contributions up to 6%.
Employer match after one year of service