Who We Are: We believe in fostering lasting relationships and creating innovative solutions so our customers can focus on feeding families. Gemini delivers solutions through automated equipment and integrated systems to the Commercial and Industrial Baking industry as well as Ingredient Handling systems to the food industry. Our teams are passionate about delivering world class products and service to our customers through design, manufacturing, and technical support.
What is the Role:
Under the general direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor, the Machinist will support manufacturing through hands on production. https://geminibakeryequipment.com/
Who you are:
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools including but not limited to lathes, milling machines, grinders, keyseater broaches and de-burring machines.
- Ability to operate manual and CNC equipment with a desire to learn setup.
- Ability to read paper or electronic blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to determine methods of operations needed to machine dimensions and tolerances.
- Ability to hold tolerances to plus or minus .0005”
- Work with mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, various plastics and other materials as needed.
- Determine proper feed and speed rate to achieve desired surface finish based on material being worked.
- Determine proper removal rate to maximize efficiency.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Interrupt cutting process, measure, monitor the accuracy of cuts, and make corrections and/or replace tools as they wear.
- Properly fixture or position workpiece for execution of tasks.
- Ability to identify and remedy issues.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Modify cutting paths as needed.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of hands-on machine shop experience operating manual and CNC equipment.
- Interest in learning how to program and setup CNC equipment required.
- Knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures required.
- Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators, and scales.
- Strong understanding in blueprint reading/ geometric tolerances interpretation.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Needs a strong appreciation of the importance of completing tasks on time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license.
What Else Would Be Helpful:
- Vocational technical training or other formalized training preferred
- Familiarity with a job shop environment (high setup, low run time) preferred
- Experience with bearing and shaft fitment preferred
What’s In It for You:
- 401k Matching Program
- Tuition assistance
- Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
- Company paid short term disability and life insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for Employee and Spouse and voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Paid Time Off program, plus eight (8) company paid holidays and one (1) personal day
- Gemini Cares Program (matches donations for employee nominated charities each quarter)