Job Title: Machinist
- Full time Machinist for a growing custom equipment manufacturer.
- Reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor
- Supports manufacturing through hands on production
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools including but not limited to lathes, milling
machines, grinders, keyseater broaches and de-burring machines
- Ability to run CNC’s (mill and lathe): CAM, conversational, etc.
- Ability to read paper or electronic blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to
determine methods of operations needed to machine dimensions and tolerances.
- Operate manual and computer-controlled machinery
- Ability to hold tolerances to plus or minus .0005”
- Calculate where to cut or bore.
- Work with mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, various plastics and other materials as needed.
- Determine proper feed and speed rate to achieve desired surface finish based on material being
- Determine proper removal rate to maximize efficiency.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made.
- Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
- Ensure workpiece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
- Able to identify and correct problems.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts and make corrections as tools wear.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Produce various quantities of parts from prototypes to production runs
- Determine how automated equipment will cut a part.
- Modify cutting paths as needed.
- Concert path, speed, and feed information into set of instructions for machine tool.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic
preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
Company offers a competitive benefits package upon successful comp, including the following:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance (Long Term Disability and
additional Life Insurance and other benefits offered at low group rates)
- Paid holidays
- PTO (Paid Time Off) accruing each pay period
- 401k investment plan with employer matching 50% of employee contribution up to 6%.
Employer match after one year of service
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- 2+ years of machine shop experience running, milling machines, lathes, grinders etc.
- Knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining
procedures a must.
- Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments.
Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages,
indicators, and scales.
- Strong understanding in blueprint reading/ geometric tolerances interpretation
- Ability to lift 50 pounds desired
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Needs a strong appreciation of the importance of completing tasks on time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license.