Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer Associate
Reports to: Engineering Operations Manager
Location: Bangor, PA. Currently following guidelines suggested by the state for remote work due to the
pandemic. Will resume on site work when recommended by state guidelines.
The manufacturing engineer associate develops and improves manufacturing, fabrication, welding
and assembly processes by studying product and manufacturing methods through planning, design,
setup and monitoring applicable processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with manufacturing and engineering to determine manufacturability of engineering
drawings and associated documentation
- Works with manufacturing personnel to compile and document capabilities and limits of
manufacturing equipment and workstations
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying
knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with
equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators and supervisors
- Assists manufacturing personnel in developing manufacturing processes by studying product
requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and
equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements,
and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and
process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and
material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with industry regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following
manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base
- Participates in design and development projects and trains and guides technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Interfaces and/or assists with applicable quality programs
- Active involvement in Redline, ECN, CAPA and continuous improvement initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Company offers a competitive benefits package including the following:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance (Long Term Disability and
additional Life Insurance and other benefits offered at low group rates)
- Paid holidays
- PTO (Paid Time Off) accruing each pay period
- 401k investment plan with employer matching 50% of employee contribution up to 6%.
Employer match after one year of service
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Engineering with 2+ years’ experience, or any equivalent combination of
education and 5+ years’ experience
- BS degree in applicable Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mechatronics or related engineering
- Comprehension and working knowledge of tolerancing
- Working knowledge of industrial practices
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and installation helpful
- Strong organizational, analytical, leadership and communication skills
- History of progressive responsibility a plus
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Thorough knowledge of Solidworks is necessary, working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lift 50+ plus lbs.
- Valid driver’s license or reliable transportation
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Needs a strong appreciation of the importance of completing tasks on time
- Excellent attention to detail and teamwork
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Must be organized and dependable
- Must comply with all company safety and personnel policies