Fabrication & Weld Supervisor
Who We Are: We believe in fostering lasting relationships and creating innovative solutions so our customers can focus on feeding families. Gemini delivers solutions through automated equipment and integrated systems to the Commercial and Industrial Baking industry as well as Ingredient Handling systems to the food industry. Our teams are passionate about delivering world class products and service to our customers through design, manufacturing, and technical support.
What is the Role: Full time Fabrication/Weld/Machining Supervisor for a growing Capital Equipment Manufacturer. Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; establishing priorities; plan and order material as needed for release, monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting shift results. Supports manufacturing department by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures. Must be able to schedule and provide technical expertise to a team, meet manufacturing deadlines and suggest methods to improve manufacturing processes and efficiencies. https://geminibakeryequipment.com/
Who you are:
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process;
o setting processing variables;
o observing control points and equipment;
o monitoring personnel and resources;
o implementing cost reductions;
o developing reporting procedures and systems;
o facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process and design documentation
o initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Maintains quality standard by establishing and enforcing production methods and processes.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, Initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Utilize MRP system to manage production requirements and reporting progress
- Maintains inventory control by monitoring and tracking allocations and stock levels
- Markup drawings that will be utilized in CAD/CAM equipment for deviation approval
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring:
- BS degree in applicable Welding, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or related engineering discipline with 2+ years’ experience, or Associates Degree in Engineering with 4+ years related experience, or any equivalent combination of education and 7+ years related experience
- Must be able read and interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of industrial practices
- Strong organizational, analytical, leadership and communication skills
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with using MRP systems
What Else Would Be Helpful:
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- History of progressive responsibility
- Strong knowledge of plant and manufacturing operations
- Experience with lathes, milling machines, welding, punching, bending and sawing preferred.
- Experience with CNC machines.
- Working knowledge of 2D Autocad
What’s In It for You:
- 401k Matching Program
- Tuition assistance
- Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
- Company paid short term disability and life insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for Employee and Spouse and voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Paid Time Off program, plus eight (8) company paid holidays and one (1) personal day
- Gemini Cares Program (matches donations for employee nominated charities each quarter)