Materials and Cost Accounting Coordinator
Who We Are: We believe in fostering lasting relationships and creating innovative solutions so our customers can focus on feeding families. Gemini delivers solutions through automated equipment and integrated systems to the Commercial and Industrial Baking industry as well as Ingredient Handling systems to the food industry. Our teams are passionate about delivering world class products and service to our customers through design, manufacturing, and technical support.
What is the Role:
Under the general direction of the Purchasing/ Material Manager, the Materials and Cost Accounting Coordinator position will be directly responsible for analysis and integrity of purchasing, inventory management, accounting and supply chain data.
Who you are:
- Closing shop floor orders in our ERP system
- Entering costs from the closed shop floor orders into the ERP system – Item location and Item Master
- Review and matching of closed shop floor orders and pick tickets prior to customer invoicing
- Inventory control including processing of adjustments, WIP/ Production variances, item code fixes, review of obsolete items, correction of negative inventory and any other anomalies and coordination/ administrative processing of physical inventory counts.
- Compiling costs by job and comparison of actual costs to budget.
- Review and input of labor detail (both direct labor and engineering).
- This role will also support and work with the Corporate Controller in areas that include but are not limited to: month end processing and review (inventory detail report, system advances) as well as year-end audit support.
- Assist purchasing and customer service on projects as needed.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years’ work experience in accounting. Experience to include exposure to inventory and shop floor transactions. Must also have an understanding of bills of material.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Excel) as well as hands on experience with middle market ERP systems (specific system is not important).
- Demonstrated ability to understand processes and how data flows through systems. Thus includes an understanding of how transactions can impact management reporting and the general ledger.
- Self-motivated, driven and possesses the ability to facilitate among different departments.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
What Else Would Be Helpful:
- Experience in custom or semi-custom manufacturing preferred but not required.
What’s In It for You:
- 401k Matching Program
- Tuition assistance
- Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
- Company paid short term disability and life insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for Employee and Spouse and voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Paid Time Off program, plus eight (8) company paid holidays and one (1) personal day
- Gemini Cares Program (matches donations for employee nominated charities each quarter)