Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Operations Manager
Location: Bangor, PA. Currently following guidelines suggested by the state for remote work due to the
pandemic. Will resume on site work when recommended by state guidelines.
A machine designer responsible for the development of new product designs and improvement of
existing designs using 2D (AutoCAD) and 3D CAD software (Solidworks). This includes, designing,
developing, and releasing deliverables to manufacturing. In addition, this individual will provide
technical and product support to the internal and external supply chains for execution of the product
- Can work independently to objectives; however, recognizes when to collaborate on key issues.
- Values personal involvement and partnership with all disciplines within the organization.
- Experience in collaborating with external knowledge bases.
- Effective communicator via both oral and written documentation.
- Enjoys coaching and sharing knowledge with cross-functional teams.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Resourceful and innovative, an effective problem-solver with strong decision-making skills.
- Creative with an eye for detail.
- Work habits that value hands-on collaboration.
- Ability to take new product concepts from idea to execution.
- Proficient in Solidworks and EPDM software and ability to create accurate solid models and
assemblies and drawings. Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Ability to perform calculations related to the design of mechanical equipment, mechanisms, and
machines, including gear ratios, torque, beam deflection, shear etc.
- Working knowledge of engineering standards, processes, and accepted practices. Such as, but
not limited to; ECN’s, BOM’s, redlines, and Solidworks 3D modeling and vault etiquette.
- Experience detailing technical and mechanical concepts
- Proven experience in mechanical engineering principles and tolerancing.
- Familiarity with electromechanical devices and fundamentals of machine design.
- Knowledge of weldments, sheet metal and machining processes.
- Willingness to work with manufacturing personnel to resolve equipment design or
manufacturing issues when required.
- Willingness to collaborate with manufacturing groups for product testing and validation as
- Familiar in the use of design platforming principles and design for manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to identify key design trends that impact commercial potential.
- Working knowledge of stage gate or related methods.
- Familiarity with MRP/ERP systems.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 or more years of practical experience; and/or 2 or more years in machine design
- Must be able to travel to collect customer and job site information when required (10%
- Must have authorization to work in the United States; no sponsorships available
- Must be able to sit, stand, and lift up to 50 lbs in a non-repetitive environment
- Must be able to read and write in fluent English
Please describe the different types of fits. Provided examples of when each are appropriate for use.
What is the first machine you designed?
What are some of your hobbies?