Job Title: Operations Manager: Eastern Bakery Systems Division of Gemini Bakery Equipment Corp.
Reporting to: V.P. Operations KB Systems
The Operations Manager at EBS is the key resource that ensures the company is performing to its best potential. This position is responsible for the direction of multiple areas within the company, assuring productivity and efficiency while seeking to reduce costs. The Operations Manager is responsible to assure that people have the tools and skills required to complete their individual tasks in order to achieve company as well as personal/professional achievement goals.
- Responsible for day to day Safety, Quality, Manufacturing, Delivery and Cost Leadership at the EBS Division of Gemini Bakery Equipment Corp.
- Responsible for all corporate reporting to include month end, labor, and closing
- Responsible for generating customer quotes
- Maintains a safe work environment, a high level of safety awareness among associates, and implements 5S principles where applicable
- Mentors and develops 10+ employees. Listens, supports, engages and encourages employee suggestions and input to achieve excellent results.
- Optimize, setup, layout, and job execution to produce a quality product efficiently and achieve daily production targets. Develop, record and report appropriate metrics
- Ensure all shop orders are followed through to a completed status with accuracy and variance review as it pertains to their department and in accordance with all engineering specifications.
- Oversee and maintain supply chain and procurement.
- Determine, organize and maintain appropriate inventory
- Document standard work/SOPs and provide continuous feedback to team members to assure all are adhering to procedures and striving for continuous improvement and alignment with the objectives.
- Manage appropriate preventative maintenance program in the production area to ensure all PMs are completed on-time.
- Ensure proper initial and cross training is performed to a satisfactory standard and ensure proper cross training to avoid capacity delays. Identify all additional training needs and requirements and execute all necessary training requirements.
- Monitors, reviews, and improves manufacturing and quality related activities and drives corrective and preventative actions. Focuses team on using standardized work practices.
- Helps manage expenses to meet budgets and financial objectives.
- Maintains proper staffing levels of all roles, scheduling and organizing work assignments in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
- Performs all job duties within applicable ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 8 – 10 years’ experience with 3 years of people leadership working experience in an manufacturing environment specializing in assembly of electromechanical components.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred or similar relevant field is required.
- Strong leadership experience and decision-making ability.
- Previous experience with food or package handling equipment or similar experience
- Possess a continuous process improvement mindset with the ability to effectively lead and manage change.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working conditions require the ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, climb stairs, and work at a computer station and on manufacturing shop floor.
Gemini/KB Systems offers a competitive benefits package including the following:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid holidays
- PTO (Paid Time Off) accruing each pay period
- 401k retirement t plan with employer match