Position Description: Shipping/Inventory Control Supervisor
Position Summary: Position will involve all daily shipping, receiving and inventory
requirements for Gemini’s Philadelphia location.
Reporting Relationship: Manufacturing/Supply Chain Manager
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Packaging items for shipment to ensure safe delivery. Operating shipping manifest
per company methods.
• Verify shipping quantities, destinations, and shipping methods are correct per work
• Prepares bills of lading and routing for bulk shipments.
• Inspects shipments for any damage or defects. Oversees return shipments to
customers/vendors. Trace any lost shipments and initiate proof of delivery
• Receives and unloads incoming parts materials. Check vendor packing slip(s) against
purchase order for accuracy.
• Inspects incoming shipments for damages or defects.
• Processes return shipments from customers.
• Utilize Navision (computer business system) for shipping & receiving, and job
• Manage scheduled physical inventory/cycle counts and ensure all practices support
the maintenance of inventory accuracy. Investigate and resolve inventory
• Process requisitions for supplies; prepare various equipment for shipping according
to established procedures.
• Maneuver a forklift with 72” extended forks for loading/unloading of skids/crates and
organize equipment within the warehouse.
Skills and Specifications:
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
• Ability to safely secure and protect machinery for carrier transport.
• Previous warehouse shipping/receiving/inventory experience.
• Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous
quality improvement objectives, and safety standards.
• Willingness to take charge, offer and take direction, give opinions, and accept
Shipping, Inventory Control
Document No: GBE – MF – JD01
Issue Date: 6/2/2021
Review Due By: 1/1/2023
Revision #: 01
1. Dave Moore
Page | 2
Gemini Bakery Equipment, 9990 Gantry Road, Philadelphia, PA 19115
• Ability to communicate effectively and operate efficiently in a fast-paced work
• Displays good judgment in the face of changing priorities and multiple problems.
Education and Qualifications:
• High school degree, diploma, or a GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
• Experience in warehouse management / shipping coordination & inventory
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Capable of driving a 17k GVW, 24-foot flatbed truck a plus.
• Experience with power tools and/or building/breaking down crates a plus.
The Company offers competitive benefits package, including the following:
• Medical insurance, dental insurance, short term disability and basic life coverage
• Voluntary long-term disability and additional life insurance coverage available
• Paid vacation, sick, holidays, personal time
• 401K plan with employer match
• Compensation commensurate with experience and credentials