Technical Project Management position is responsible for managing multiple simultaneous projects in a manufacturing environment ranging in scope from $100K to $5M.
Project scope typically includes:
- Assist Sales with proposal preparation, scope definition, drawing preparation.
- Estimate required resource, duration and cost for project completion.
- Contract review, kickoff meeting, project planning
- Coordination directly with customers and internal personnel
- Defining and maintaining project schedules across all internal and external disciplines
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Coordinate engineering activities – drawings and design reviews, automation
- Work with partner companies and outside vendors on equipment deliveries
- Coordinate with customer service personnel for equipment installation and startup.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Organizing and maintaining project punch lists and closeout activities
- Responsible for obtaining Customer acceptance post field start-up
- Report progress and status on a regular basis to management.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
This position requires internal coordination, communication and reporting with various “shareholder” departments within the Company. This includes but is not limited to Sales Administration, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Finance, Customer Service and Shipping.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related Engineering discipline
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience with a custom capital equipment industry
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success in the leading and managing of people in a multidisciplinary team-based environment
- Solid experience in Microsoft office products
- Solid experience in developing and maintaining project key milestone Gantt charts in MS Project or similar application
- Ability to understand Engineering drawings and BOM structures
- High-level understanding of Electro-Mechanical Motion Control system
- A high level of professional communication and written reporting skills is required.
- A high level of risk management experience and skills is required. This position will be responsible for monitoring and managing all aspects of project costs.
- Willingness to travel is required (<30%).
- Experience in development of a project management environment is desired