Who We Are: We believe in fostering lasting relationships and creating innovative solutions so our customers can focus on feeding families. Gemini delivers solutions through automated equipment and integrated systems to the Commercial and Industrial Baking industry as well as Ingredient Handling systems to the food industry. Our teams are passionate about delivering world class products and service to our customers through design, manufacturing, and technical support.
What is the Role:
Under the general direction of the Production Operations Manager, this position will be directly involved with day-to-day activities within the Gemini warehouse and production functions. The ideal candidate will be very attentive to detail, reliable, and ambitious.
Please view our website to see what we do at: https://geminibakeryequipment.com/
Who you are:
- In this role you will be the primary party responsible for:
- Pulling, preparing, staging, and documenting materials for internal production and customer orders via Shop Floor Orders
- Transacting materials to/from inventory through the ERP System
- Providing progress reporting and status updates via production planning system.
- Updating schedules to reflect completion of assignments.
- Documenting and maintaining the material shortages list. Collaborate with purchasing as necessary to identify urgent/past due requirements.
- Working with project managers to identify material risks to project’s timelines.
- Maintaining an organizational system for all shop floor orders.
- Make recommendations for stock levels of frequently used items.
- In addition to the primary responsibilities listed above, you will be asked to contribute to the Warehouse, Shipping, and Receiving functions by:
- Participating in the physical inventory process.
- Maintaining and organizing inventory and stock locations.
- Operating dolly, pallet jack, scissor lift, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Building custom and oversized pallets and crates to handle sensitive equipment.
- Performs all other duties as required or directed.
What You Must Bring:
- Minimum 2 years exposure to working with ERP Systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience in a warehouse, shipping, and/or receiving role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer literacy skills and demonstrated working knowledge and/or the ability to learn the following concentrations:
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams.
- File and network location navigation.
- ERP/MRP System(s)
- Solidworks and/or Autocad file viewers (E-drawings, TrueView, etc)
- Ability and willingness to lift 50 plus pounds frequently, occasionally up to 75lbs.
- Strong communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- The ability and willingness to follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- A process-oriented mindset that looks to eliminate errors, faults, and inefficiencies in systems.
- The desire to strive for continuous quality improvement and upholding safety standards.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continually take part in the activities of all team members within the Logistics Department
- The willingness to occasionally support operations outside of your normal daily workflow.
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
What Else Would Be Helpful:
- The ability to build large & custom crates/pallets (up to 24’ long).
- Competency/comfortability using power tools (Miter Saw/Nail Gun/Drill/Impact/Circular Saw).
- UPS Worldship Software & FEDEX experience
- Familiarity with LTL shipping procedures
- Forklift experience
What’s In It for You:
- 401k Matching Program
- Tuition assistance
- Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
- Company paid short term disability and life insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for Employee and Spouse and voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Paid Time Off program, plus eight (8) company paid holidays and one (1) personal day
- Gemini Cares Program (matches donations for employee nominated charities each quarter)